Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We're On The Move To End Alzheimer's

In honor of my mother and her brother, my uncle, who both are afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease in different stages, I will be participating in a Memory Walk for our local chapter of the Alzheimer's Association on September 27, 2008.

My hopes are to awaken many to the facts of this disease and the urgency of support in funding education and resources as well as much needed research for the cause and cure of Alzheimer's.

Today an estimated 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s. And with 78 million baby boomers approaching the age of greatest risk for this fatal disease, the need to find a cure is more urgent than ever.

This year, to support individuals and families living with the disease – as well as those who may be affected in the future – I’m participating in the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk® to raise funds and awareness for Alzheimer’s disease.

The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research, and funds I raise will go directly toward supporting their efforts.

I know I can make a difference with your support. Will you consider making a donation? It’s easy to give online by following the link below.

Thank you in advance for your time and generosity – together, we can help to end Alzheimer’s!

Memory Walk is nationally presented by Genworth Financial.





Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Alzheimer's Association Mid South Chapter

******************************************************************************
If the above link does not work please copy and paste the following into your browser:
http://www.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=266967&u=266967-226648950&e=1807336127
******************************************************************************

Thank you for your support.

No comments: